If you want/have a landline telephone line with Verizon then you can bundle phone, internet, DirecTv, and even Verizon wireless if you have that. I am not sure if Verizon FIOS is available in wise, but I'm sure at least Verizon DSL is.
Hey... we just relocated to Wise County and have been setting up our utilities.
We signed up for Comast to get the bundled cable and Internet, but Comcast cable is just pitiful when you consider what they charge for the limited number of channels they provide, particularly HD channels.
I know that most towns are locked into a franchise with the cable companies, so Comcast may be the only choice for cable. We're looking at DISH or DirecTV as an option but not sure about the Internet providers. We're living in the town limits of Wise.
Any ideas or suggestions on where we can get the best deal on cable/satellite and high speed Internet?
Thanks...
If you want/have a landline telephone line with Verizon then you can bundle phone, internet, DirecTv, and even Verizon wireless if you have that. I am not sure if Verizon FIOS is available in wise, but I'm sure at least Verizon DSL is.
I have a couple of coworkers that signed up for the DirectTv bundle last year (tv, internet, phone) and they're switching back to Comcast as soon as their year is up. Both have been very unhappy with what you get for the price you pay (especially after the year deal is up).
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
yeah i know of about 5 or 6 people as well who are switching back to comcast. fact is we just dont have many good options around here
Cant we all just get along?
I personally hate Comcast in both TV and Internet. Depending on what you are planning on using your internet for Verizon DSL may be fast enough for you if you plan on surfing the web and such. I am not sure what Wise County has to offer or how the service is there since I don't live there, but when I had Comcast in Lee County I couldn't stand it. I switched to DirecTv quickly and the only reason I didn't bundle with Verizon is because the internet wasn't offered where I lived. Now I have Clariti Media fiber optic internet and couldn't be happier. I am not sure if it is offered in Wise County yet or not.
If it was me I would run as far away from Comcast as possible, but that is just my opinion. DirecTv has a ton more HD channels and a lot more sports and things available for extra cost. As far as the internet problem like I said if you aren't using the internet for a lot of downloading and such then Verizon DSL may be okay for what you need.
The problem with DSL, you have to be within 300 meters of the station, if not you are screwed. I went the route of Dish combined with the basic Comcast package and internet for a couple of years at which time, the price was actually cheaper than having just Comcast. Then when Comcast started offering the bundle packages, I took it. Turns out it was a good thing I did. They were going to raise my internet to something like 99 bucks a month basically because I was using Dish network. I long for Scripps or Charter.
I have Dish Network and when my deal runs out in a year I've going to go Comcast. Dish is nice but when you do one of Comcast's bundles that has tv with premium channels, phone, and internet it really works out to be what I'm paying for all those now without the premium channels. My nephew has their phone service and the quality seems great. I've got their internet and I've only had like 2 problems with it in 4 years. And those problems were fixed promptly. IMO, I'd say bundle it all together on one bill and go with Comcast. And no, I don't work for them. Actually I'm still unemployed. C'est la vie!!
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
Bookmarks